Virtual CIO Services
Analyze current technology stack
Document versions vs current release
Recommend software shifts
Deliverable: Current state, critical gaps, brief outlook strategy
Comm Improvement Plan
Biz Process Automation
- NPS scoring
- Workflow management
- Software integration
- Hardware integration
- Data integration
- Robotics/IoT/Automation integration
New innovation plan
- Recurring evaluation
- Whiteboard session quarterly
- Documenting opportunity/plan
- Identify opportunities pre-/post-implementation
- Industry and competitor research
- Trend analysisForecasting movement in the industryPrioritization plan (impact)Interviews with stakeholdersWhiteboarding sessionIdentification of key resources/roles/partnersEffort estimationScoping and budgeting - hardware and peopleDeliverable: business plan to implement prioritiesAnnual review and reprioritization
What is VCIO, and why do I need it?
A Virtual CIO is responsible for overseeing the technology needs of a company and ensuring that all systems are functioning properly. They offer strategic planning and guidance on how to best use technology to improve business.
Not only do our services work well individually, but they work great together!
WaaS not only maintains your website and make it look new but also updates the website with the latest technology and changes. This can keep visitors interested in the content of your website as well as persuade them to come back for more.
From an SEO perspective, this practice also helps search engines rank your website higher.
Revenue Operations is a process-oriented, outcomes-driven business function that provides value to a company by optimizing and managing the revenue cycle.
Our team works to optimize your prospect experience and does cold outreach for your while offering your sales team sales admin support with booking meetings, finding leads, and contact details.
Development operations is the process of making changes to a software system in order to improve it. This can include adding new features, fixing bugs, or improving the usability of the system
Our team takes the time to understand what problem the software is being designed to solve.